Sell on eBay and Other Online Auctions

If you like garage sales, resell shops, flea markets, or estate sales, chances are that you will LOVE shopping on eBay!


And that is how I first started selling in a ebay-- by shopping on eBay -- and you'll find that is the case with most registered eBay sellers now.


So if you've never spent any time on eBay, do it now! (Might want to pour yourself a cup of coffee and relax, it's addictive!)


eBay selling can be done at any time, place, or on any day of the week. All it takes is an internet connection to your PC, and the desire to work from home (and who wouldn't want to work at home?)


selling in a ebay and other online auctions has become a hugely popular way for stay at home moms to earn a little extra income, and many moms earn a substantial income from their auction sales.


You can start by just looking around your house at items you don't want or need anymore (my favorite items to sell are infant/children clothing, and they sell *very* well!)


Think in terms of having a garage sale. Items that you might consider selling in a garage sale may be just the things to get started with on eBay.


I had a bag of clothes that my then-toddler son had outgrown, and they were just sitting in the bottom of a closet until I had "time" to have a garage sale. The bag had 6 short-alls, 2 pairs of jeans, and 8 tee-shirts, all used, but all in good shape without holes or stains, and very cute. Rather than place each item up for bids in separate auctions, I thought I would save some time and list the entire bag as a "lot", and placed them all in one auction.


I didn't expect to get much for a bag of used clothing, not even designer clothing, just regular items you'd get from Wal-Mart. I was completely surprised when that bag of baby boy's clothing snagged a final bid of more than $75.00, way more than I could have ever expected to get from a garage sale on the same items!


I've done the same thing over and over -- put something up for auction, and been totally surprised at how much someone was willing to pay for it. I've sold everything from baby clothing and accessories to high-end jewelry and even vehicles!


Yes, there are things that successful sellers need to know before jumping in, but the hardest (and most expensive!) work has already been done. eBay and other online auctions provide a venue, spend millions on marketing, divide items into categories and sub-categories, and sub-sub- you get the idea -- talk about targeted traffic! We don't have to pay advertising and marketing fees to get someone to come and buy our antiques, because antique collectors log on to eBay every single day looking for those items! They come to us! How great is that?


So how much can you earn? How much do you want to earn? How many hours a week do you want to work (or not!)? I earn an easy $1,000 a month on average, without trying too hard. Usually I can earn more if I feel I want to have a little extra cash that month. Obviously, when I sell the high ticket items (like a 2ct diamond solitaire ring that I sold for $600 more than I paid for it!) the revenue adds up really quickly.


To learn more about my methods, what I know, and what I've learned, visit my informative section on making in extra income -- or your sole source of income! -- by selling on eBay and other online auctions!